https://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=blogspot/WDIveZ&loc=en_US

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

FIGURING IT OUT
Now that the "stay at home" recommendations/requirements are in effect through the end of April, we are staying place in Homosassa FL until then; if those preventative measures are extended, so will our stay here.  Thank you, again, Eleanor, for putting us up.  We are figuring out how to "camp" in Eleanor's side yard.  We found out that most of our rig works while being plugged into her 110 house electrical outlet.  Our batteries are keeping charged, and we're able to use all our appliances, except we cannot keep both air conditioners on at the same time, and we have to turn off the air conditioner if we want to use the microwave.  We are running our refrigerator on propane, and our hot water heater is working via our 12 volt battery, rather than shore electric power.  We ordered a portable waste tank, (a "blue boy") on line and had it delivered to El's house; this has allowed us to empty both our black and grey tanks.  One of El's neighbors gave us permission to empty the blue boy into their septic system, which worked just like a dump station. Yeah! 
Barker 30844 4-Wheeler 42 gal. Portable Waste Holding Tank
Regarding medical care, this past Monday I had a telemedicine appointment with the rheumatologist I was scheduled to see in St. Petersburg. Rather than driving to St. Pete's and seeing the doctor in his office, Baycare instructed me to download their app, Baycare anywhere, on my phone, and my doctor's visit was conducted over my iPhone.  That worked out perfectly.  It saved me from possibly being exposed to coronavirus on the medical center's campus, and it also saved a 3+ hour drive time.  I discussed my rheumatoid arthritis management with the doctor, who addressed all my concerns and answered any questions I had, with expertise and compassion.  His office will be arranging for me to get my IV infusion when it is due in mid-April.  He reassured me that the global rheumatological database has shown that the outcomes of rheumatology patients who contact coronavirus are similar to outcomes of the general population.  Because I am in the "high risk" category for severe complications if I contact the coronavirus, he instructed me stay home, but if I need to go out, then I must wear a mask and gloves, and wash my hands frequently or use hand sanitizer.  
Hoarding of masks and gloves putting health workers at risk ...
If the "stay at home" recommendation continues into June, I will again be able to receive my IV infusion through Baycare.  The doctor also asked me if I had any other physician here in Florida.  When I said "no", he told me to call his office for any medical needs I may have.  I feel so much better knowing that I now have a caring, competent medical professional available to me if I need something during these uncertain times.  

So as you can see, we are figuring things out, as all of you are doing, adjusting to this "new normal".  One positive in this situation is that we are all truly re-connecting with one another as we stay home.

Stay home lettering motivational quotes due quarantine coronavirus ...


2 comments:

  1. Things are okay here. We have the MNRS meeting this weekend. They are doing it virtual and I have only been visiting the poster sessions of people I know. I just feel too busy to sit in front of the computer and listen. Conferences like this are for networking. Oh well. Kim Scheffel did well with out poster. Maureen McCormick's poster is very good. I have to find Terry Karapas' now. The apt is looking more like the bottom of a bird cage. I need to clean!!! Tweet Tweet from the birds. Joke of the day---If you have six apples in one hand and seven apples in the other hand, what do you have.....seriously big hands!! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. read this...maybe you and George can do this....http://digitaledition.chicagotribune.com/infinity/article_share.aspx?guid=35c3639b-e52d-467a-be19-8de0e1c860f7

    ReplyDelete